Kwekwe is a city in the Midlands Province of Zimbabwe. It is the administrative, commercial and industrial center of the Midlands Province. The city is located about 145 kilometers (90 miles) south-east of the capital city of Harare.
Kwekwe is an ancient city, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Iron Age. The city was founded by the Ndebele people in the late 19th century. It was originally known as Que Que, and was renamed Kwekwe in 1982.
Kwekwe is a major industrial center in Zimbabwe. It is home to a number of large-scale industries, including steel production, engineering, chemicals, and textiles. The city is also a major trading center, with a large market and numerous shops.
Kwekwe is a vibrant city, with a lively nightlife and a variety of cultural attractions. The city is home to several museums, including the National Gallery of Zimbabwe, the Kwekwe Museum, and the Kwekwe Art Gallery. There are also a number of parks and gardens, including the Kwekwe Botanical Gardens.
Kwekwe is a popular tourist destination, with a number of hotels, restaurants, and other attractions. The city is also home to a number of sporting events, including the annual Kwekwe Marathon.
Kwekwe is a vibrant and exciting city, with a rich history and a bright future. It is a great place to visit and explore, and is sure to provide an unforgettable experience.
Best places to visit in Kwekwe
- Kwekwe Museum
- Kwekwe Golf Club
- Kwekwe Zoo
- Kwekwe Town Hall
- Kwekwe Sports Club
- Kwekwe Aquatic Centre
- Kwekwe Botanical Gardens
- Kwekwe Central Business District
- Kwekwe National Park
- Kwekwe Arts and Crafts Centre
Best season to visit Kwekwe
The best time to visit Kwekwe is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. During this time, the weather is mild and sunny, making it ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Activities can be performed in Kwekwe
- Hiking: Kwekwe is home to a number of hiking trails, including the popular Kwekwe-Mvuma Trail
- Bird Watching: Kwekwe is home to a variety of bird species, making it a great spot for bird watching
- Fishing: The nearby rivers and lakes offer great opportunities for fishing
- Shopping: Kwekwe is home to a number of markets and shops, offering a variety of goods
- Sightseeing: Kwekwe is home to a number of historical sites, including the ruins of Great Zimbabwe
- Cultural Experiences: Kwekwe is home to a number of cultural experiences, including traditional dances and music
- Sports: Kwekwe is home to a number of sports facilities, including a golf course and tennis courts