Linz is a city located in the northern part of Austria, on the banks of the Danube River. It is the third largest city in the country and is the capital of Upper Austria. Linz is a vibrant city with a rich history, culture, and architecture.
The city was first settled by the Romans in the 1st century AD and has been an important trading center since the Middle Ages. It was the home of the Habsburgs, the ruling family of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and was the capital of Upper Austria from 1790 to 1918.
Linz is known for its many cultural attractions, including the Brucknerhaus, a concert hall dedicated to the composer Anton Bruckner, and the Ars Electronica Center, a museum of digital art. The city also has a number of museums, galleries, and theaters, as well as a vibrant nightlife.
The city is home to a number of universities, including the Johannes Kepler University, the University of Art and Design Linz, and the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. It is also home to the Linz International Film Festival, which is held every year in October.
Linz is a great place to visit for its many attractions, from its historical sites to its modern art galleries. It is a great destination for those looking for a city with a rich cultural heritage and a vibrant atmosphere.
Best places to visit in Linz
- Lentos Art Museum
- Ars Electronica Center
- Linz Castle
- Landstraße Main Square
- Linz Zoo
- Linz Botanical Garden
- Danube Park
- Linz Cathedral
Best season to visit Linz
The best time to visit Linz is during the summer months, from June to August. The weather is usually mild and sunny, and the city is alive with festivals, concerts, and outdoor activities. The city also hosts the annual Linz Fest, a music and culture festival that takes place in July.
Activities can be performed in Linz
- Visit the Lentos Art Museum and the Ars Electronica Center
- Take a stroll along the Danube River and enjoy the beautiful views
- Explore the old town and visit the Landhaus, the main square of Linz
- Enjoy a concert at the Brucknerhaus, a concert hall and opera house
- Take a boat ride on the Danube and explore the surrounding area
- Visit the Linz Zoo and see the many animals
- Take a tour of the Linz Castle and its grounds
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants in the city
- Shop at the Linz Hauptplatz, the main shopping area
- Take a day trip to the nearby town of Salzburg